DIMENSIONS INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
DIMENSIONS INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE Description
To prepare international students for the education challenges ahead, our preparatory programmes have acted as a springboard for helping these students to obtain entry into government schools and institutions since 2001. The college’s comprehensive facilities including contemporary auditoriums, libraries, canteens, multi-purpose hall, hospitality training rooms, laboratories, field, basketball courts and badminton courts as well as our pool of qualified teaching staff, have enabled our students to study and learn in a conducive and supported environment.
In addition, we provide a full range of comprehensive programmes such as language, preparatory, hospitality and higher education courses to cater to the needs of individuals and help them ignite their careers after their graduation.
One of our goals has been to boost our higher education programmes. Our Degree and Master’s Degree programmes provide students and working adults who have realised the need to continuously upgrade themselves in both knowledge and skills. Similar to a business school, students can choose from a variety of programmes ranging from Business and Management to Accounting and Finance.
Providing quality education has always been our prime focus. We have assiduously applied high standards to our business operations. As a result, we have achieved many prestigious awards such as the 4-Year EduTrust Certification from Committee for Private Education (CPE), Singapore Quality Class (SQC) and Singapore Service Class (S-Class).
In recognition of our outstanding organisational excellence framework, we were awarded the prestigious SQC Star certification by SPRING Singapore in 2016. The SQC Star award marked a new milestone for us and we were honoured to come forth as one of the leading institutions for attaining superior performance in business excellence.
At the same time, our commitment to provide unwavering support to a community of multi-national students continue to ensure that students from China, Korea, India, Vietnam and other countries receive the support and services they require for a successful learning at DIMENSIONS.
DIMENSIONS INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE Programme
- DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY SERVICES | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN F&B AND HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT | Diploma
- BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONOURS) IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION | (Top-up) Degree
- ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE | Bachelor of Arts
- SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS WITH ACCOUNTING | Advanced Diploma
- BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE | Bachelor of science
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT | PgDip
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (CARDIFF METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY) | MBA
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (FINANCE) | Master Degree
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MARKETING) | Master Degree
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HUMAN RESOURCES) | Master Degree
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (PROJECT MANAGEMENT) | Master Degree
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT) | Master Degree
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE (CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY) | MSc (Hons)
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY, HEALTH AND WELLBEING | MSc (Hons)
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAIN AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT | MSc (Hons)
- SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN RETAIL MANAGEMENT (Awarded by the SCOTTISH QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY, UK ) | Advanced Diploma
- SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ( Awarded by the SCOTTISH QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY, UK ) | Advanced Diploma
- SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN ART AND DESIGN (Awarded by the SCOTTISH QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY, UK) | Advanced Diploma
- SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ( SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS ) | Advanced Diploma
- SQA ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS WITH ACCOUNTING (Awarded by the SCOTTISH QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY, UK) | Advanced Diploma
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT | Advanced Diploma
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT | Advanced Diploma
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGY | Advanced Diploma
- ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING (LEVEL 5) | Advanced Diploma
- PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 5 HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS (BUSINESS MANAGEMENT) OR (ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE) Awarded by Pearson Education Limited(UK) | HND
- PEARSON BTEC LEVEL 5 HND DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (QCF) Awarded by Pearson Education Limited (UK) | HND
- HIGHER DIPLOMA IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE | Higher Diploma
- HIGHER DIPLOMA IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT | Higher Diploma
- HIGHER DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT | Higher Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN FOOD AND BEVERAGE OPERATIONS | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN PROFESSIONAL COOKERY AND FOOD PREPARATION | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (MANDARIN) | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN BIOMEDICAL SCIENCE | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN RETAIL MANAGEMENT | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN BUSINESS | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGY | Diploma
- DIPLOMA IN FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING (LEVEL 4) | Diploma
Singapore is a cosmopolitan society where people live harmoniously and interaction among different races are commonly seen. The pattern of Singapore stems from the inherent cultural diversity of the island. The immigrants of the past have given the place a mixture of Malay, Chinese, Indian, and European influences, all of which have intermingled.
Behind the facade of a modern city, these ethnic races are still evident. The areas for the different races, which were designated to them by Sir Stamford Raffles, still remain although the bulk of Singaporeans do think of themselves as Singaporeans, regardless of race or culture. Each still bears its own unique character.
The old streets of Chinatown can still be seen; the Muslim characteristics are still conspicuous in Arab Street; and Little India along Serangoon Road still has its distinct ambience. Furthermore, there are marks of the British colonial influence in the Neo-Classical buildings all around the city.
Each racial group has its own distinctive religion and there are colorful festivals of special significance all year round. Although the festivals are special to certain races, it is nonetheless enjoyed by all.
In Singapore, food is also readily and widely available. There are lots of cuisines to offer. We have, Chinese, Indian, Malay, Indonesian and Western, Italian, Peranakan, Spanish, French, Thai and even Fusion. It is very common to savour other culture's food and some of the food can be very intriguing. Indian food are relatively spicier, whereas Chinese food is less spicier and the Chinese enjoy seafood. Malay cooking uses coconut milk as their main ingredient, that makes their food very tasty.
You can refer to our Eating in Singapore section for a list of recommended food outlets in Singapore.
Like most of Southeast Asia, Singapore is generally hot and humid. It's warm and humid year round, with the temperature almost never dropping below 20°C (68°F), even at night, and usually climbing to 30°C (86°F) during the day. Recent times, it even reached till 35°C. Humidity is high, mounting over a 75% mark.
November and December is the rainy season. June-August is considered to be the best time to visit, but even then it rains often. Don't let the climate stop you from going, however. Most buildings are air-conditioned (to the point that you may want to take a sweater), and pains have been taken to make everything as comfortable as can be, all things considered. When it does rain, it's generally only for a short period.
For those who enjoy the sun and the beach, Singapore is an ideal place for beach lovers, as you get the hot hot sun throughout the year. So when you're in Singapore, just bring along your cooling apparels and hats.
Key facts about Singapore
Location: Southeastern Asia, islands between Malaysia and Indonesia
Geographic coordinates: 1 22 N, 103 48 E
Area: total: 647.5 sq km
Land: 637.5 sq km
Water: 10 sq km
Land boundaries: 0 km
Coastline: 193 km
Lowest point: Singapore Strait 0 m
Highest point: Bukit Timah 166 m
Terrain: lowland (undulating central plateau with water catchment area and nature preserve)